When it comes to listening to music, everyone has their own taste. Some like the Rock music of Pink Floyd whereas some of them will listen to the rap songs of Eminem. There are many shades of music available throughout the globe and perhaps very few countries of the world don’t have their own music industry.
Music comes in many forms from around the world and you never know which song gets tucked in your head. It clearly means that music works across borders and almost 100% of the world population would like to listen to some kind of music.
There are many types of music lovers. Some of them listen to an odd song occasionally whilst there are people who have headphones tucked to their ears 24/7. If not headphones, then genuine music lovers will have a good music system installed at their place.
If you’re looking to enhance your listening experience then you must check out our list of best subwoofers that are affordable as well as reliable enough to make you feel good about your music.
You might also want to check this out: Top Ten Bookshelf Speakers To Buy Under $500
You must understand that a good subwoofer can always bring in a huge difference to your overall music listening. Here’s the list of some of the best subwoofers available on the market right now and all of them will genuinely help in enhancing your experience.
List of Best Subwoofers to Buy for Music
SVS SB-2000 SubwooferPrice: $599
We’re starting our list with this best overall subwoofer in our opinion. It goes by the name of SVS SB-2000 and it weighs around 35 pounds. We’re calling this the best overall subwoofer for listening to music for many reasons.
It is a magnificent 12-inch front-firing woofer that comes with an astonishing RMS amplifier of 500 watts. The amplifier is sealed in a 14.6-inch by 14.2-inch by 15.4-inch enclosure and you can simply call this a sealed subwoofer. The enclosure will give you the best listening experience according to our reviewers and it is one of the most important features on these woofers.
There are two attractive colors available in this piece of woofers and they’re black ash and piano gloss black. However, they might make you pay a little more depending on the color you’re willing to get.
The consumption of energy is also pretty good at less than 0.5 watts and you can also opt for a standby mode in this product. The sound quality is pretty amazing and it will give you a vast range between 19Hz to 220Hz. While these are one of the most expensive subwoofers, they also provide huge value for your money and you won’t be disappointed after buying them because they produce some amazing quality sound.
- It doesn’t really matter which type of music you’re listening to on these subwoofers. They will give you 100% result in lower frequencies as well.
- The performance and sound quality is deeply commendable.
- You’d see the denser parts being resolved easily in these subwoofers whilst the mids are enabled to breathe.
- It is very easy to set up and then use the wireless link option through the SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter.
- The SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter is going to cost a lot more than other options if you’re looking at the wireless audio transmission.
- At this level, the product doesn’t offer room correction and app control.
Yamaha 8 Inch 100W Powered SubwooferPrice: $149.53
Alright, we all know about Yamaha being one of the top motorbike manufacturers around the globe. Well, they’re not only best at making motorcycles but they have some other splendid products as well placed out there for you.
We’re talking about the best subwoofers so Yamaha has introduced these 8-inch 100W speakers that are not going to cost you a lot of cash and will also take your listening experience to the next level.
These are slim and sleek in design and they don’t require a huge place in your house. You can simply install them anywhere and you can keep moving them according to your needs. They won’t cause much trouble during rotation.
Products of Yamaha are always pretty cool and attractive in their design. It is the case with their subwoofers as well. However, that is not the only good thing about this product. It also comes with a new warped flare haven that produces precise and tighter bass.
It also gives you the added luxury of YST II that is the Yamaha Active Servo Technology that will enable the subs to reimburse for the negative effects of speaker impedance; eventually, it will improve the motion control.
You might be surprised to know that this device wasn’t designed specifically for listening to music; it still produces very good results when you use them for movies, music and even gaming.
The most attractive thing about these subwoofers is their reasonable and affordable price. They’re not the cheapest ones on the market but we can assure you that they will work even better than some of the very expensive products.
- It’s a lightweight and easy to place. It means you don’t have to assign a special place for it and you can keep it anywhere you want.
- Extremely affordable and reasonably priced.
- The new sound technology embraced by the company gives it a very good bass response.
- Not really effective in large rooms.
- There are no cables included in the unit.
ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB3030 SubwooferPrice: $599.77
The next piece of subwoofers on our list of best subwoofers to buy is this ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB3030 and they’re regarded as one of the best-powered subwoofers available in the market currently. There are many critics and experts of the music industry that have labeled these subwoofers as the best in the business.
If we look into its features then they’re coming with 500 watts RMS and 100 watts peak performance that enables you to get a strong and robust bass. These are a major upgrade compared to whatever you’re using currently.
There is another key feature in this product that you won’t find any physical control available on this device. Firstly, you’d need to download the iOS or an Android app, or either you can make use of your Bluetooth connectivity to operate its functions.
To track the input signal, there are incredible BASH amplifiers and they work amazingly well to adjust the supply voltage for the AB class amplifier. For these key features, this pair of subwoofers has been tagged as one of the most efficient performing subwoofers.
Also, the frequency range is pretty good and they will bring you the highest quality of sound produced. In short, if you have them installed, you don’t need to worry about your music listening experience anymore.
- The advanced Bluetooth control is pretty incredible. You can operate your woofers from a distance as well.
- 25Hz—150Hz frequency rate is pretty cool as well.
- The power is unmatched in this device and that’s why it is pretty expensive as well. However, it offers great value for its high-cost.
- It is specially made for all those people looking to get absolutely great experience.
- Because of its large build, it won’t be easy to move it around in your house.
- You can face some connectivity issues.
Sonos Sub – The Wireless Subwoofer for Deep BassPrice: $516.70
The Sonos Sub is all about Bass. It is one of the loudest speakers on our list and they’re known for their tooth-rattling amounts of noise. However, they’re not made for everyone and everybody obviously doesn’t need them as well.
If you can afford them, they’re a great addition to the Sonos system. They’re great for producing high-quality sound and you won’t regret getting them.
This product will give you a hands-free control and they will simply blow you away with their performance and sound quality. There is no distortion even at low frequencies because Sonos Sub has been made in such a way that it gives you deep bass and projects clear and precise sound.
You’ll need a Wi-Fi connection, as you do with all Sonos speakers, and you might need to use the Ethernet cable to connect the Sub to your router momentarily before you push it to its final position, but the Sonos Sub app will let you know if you need to do so.
The Sub also supports Sonos Trueplay apps, allowing users to adapt the app to their environment using an iOS device. It’s obviously another step towards the first setup, but it takes only a few minutes and it’s worth your time.
- The Sonos Sub can be connected to home automation systems such as the Amazon Alexa and powered by voice commands.
- The app is pretty intuitive and user friendly.
- This unit is truly remarkable for its sound quality.
- The sub has two force cancellation speaker drivers which are located face-to-face.
- This is one of the most expensive items on the market for subwoofers, but not close to the $1000 mark.
- You cannot use this in speeches made by any other creator, so you are trapped in the world of Sonos.
REL Acoustics HT/1003 SubwooferPrice: $499
The REL HT/1003 forms part of the latest line of the inexpensive and versatile subwoofer for movie lovers. Subwoofers have a long history but have been built for movies and music until now.
You won’t find many people ready to spend over $1000 for a subwoofer, however, that leads us into the options of products available under $500. Our pick in that category is REL HT/1003. It is important to understand that this pair of subwoofers has been designed especially to take your movie experience to the next level.
However, you can also use them for enhancing your music experience and they will do a great job in our opinion. The HT/1003 is the beginner input model with a 10-inch front driver and 300W optical enhancement. The product line also includes the 12-inch and 500W driver HT/1205.
The design and overall look are not very attractive, to be honest, but, we assure you that the primary quality of producing high-quality sound won’t be compromised at any stage. The construction is outstanding, the case consisting of a rigid, high-grade, horizontal linear grain composite wrapping throughout. The sub sits on four wide feet, consisting of wooden blocks on which the REL logo is mounted.
- This product will give you good results without spending too much money.
- You’d find changes in the inputs and they’re a departure from the original construction of the woofers made by the company itself. They will do a good job in managing compatibility.
- The assembly is already installed.
- The design and looks are pretty out-dated.
- Wireless compatibility is absent. However, the company is working on it tirelessly.
Polk Audio PSW505 12″ Powered SubwooferPrice: $299.99
Polk Audio offers a wide variety of subwoofers and its midrange model, the PSW505, is an outstanding quality option. The PSW505 is one of the best subwoofers under $300, featuring a beefy 12-inch long-throw woofer.
Out of all other available options in this price range, the Polk Audio is an outstanding option for all music lovers that are looking to completely diminish the distortion and disturbance surrounding their music. Polk Audio is known for giving out the precise and accurate sound quality.
The PSW505 has a lot in the way of features from a results point of view. Using the Klippel Distortion Analyzer, the Klippet optimized long-thrower was designed to measures output at intense listening rates. The results are optimized to achieve solid performance across different volumes of listening.
The 12-inch driver will also give better linearity to the sound and the overall solid MDF construction that comes with a 1-inch front baffle will also help in enhancing your music experience.
There are some other great features as well such as the adjustable low pass crossover, volume control and phase switching ability. All of these features will help in taking your music experience to the next level.
It is important to mention that this product is not at all very flashy and attractive in its design; however, it will definitely provide a lot of value for your hard-earned cash. Also, you must notice that the amplifier can be turned off automatically if it doesn’t receive any signal for more than 15 minutes. You will save a lot of energy in the long term.
- The product is designed not to dwell on itself. It allows the sound to talk.
- The quality of the sound is excellent for the price.
- The bass that this sub delivers is good enough to improve your listening experience.
- It cannot be pushed around comfortably because of its huge size and bulky design.
- At very high volumes the sound can be distorted a bit.
Monoprice 108248 60-Watt Powered SubwooferPrice: $79.99
Monoprice has just about everything, so it should come an as little surprise that we have added an inexpensive subwoofer to our list but unsurprisingly, this is one of the best choices around if we talk about producing good and high-quality sound.
Monoprice is basically made for all those people who don’t like to spend a lot of money on their speakers and are only concerned about a little improvement in their music listening experience. The back includes volume and frequency controls, a power cable attached, speaker inputs, and RCA line inputs. It is also nice to see the addition of an all-black heatsink.
The manufacturers have given these subwoofers such a subtle and nice look that you can also completely fail to realize its real price. While the design looks a bit expensive, it makes a good effort to be recognized as more than just a black box.
You’d find a pretty good frequency range of about 50Hz to 150Hz. We know this range is lower than some of the other options on our list but the price is also significantly different. The bass is pretty decent and the overall performance is also pretty cool.
It is a great option for all those people who want to bring in a positive change to their music listening experience without paying too much money.
- The rates are unparalleled. These are actually one of the cheapest subwoofers on the market.
- Although the device has a pretty simple design, both line and speaker rates are agreed to enhance its functionality.
- The bass this machine provides is suitable for rooms or enclosed areas within your home.
- You cannot expect the same quality as other advanced subwoofers mentioned above.
- The frequency response range is pretty low at 50Hz to 150Hz compared to the other subwoofers.